Results-driven, strategic and resourceful professional with diverse Information Technology and Industrial Automation skills punctuated by verifiable track record of significant accomplishments. Contagiously energetic; calculating and industrious; known for a logical, clear and measured approach to problem resolution. Able to effectively communicate solutions and articulate processes. Recognized for consistent success in developing systems, processes and equipment to streamline user operations, improve efficiency and enhance profitability while increasing reliability and reducing downtime. Effectively works with individuals within systems to understand reasons for change and how changes will lead to improved productivity.
Sterling Paper/Xamax Industries, Seymour, CT
Manufacturer and converter of high-tech composites, papers, films, laminates and non-wovens
Director of Information Technology
Report to CEO, assess existing technology for improvements, review potential solutions, negotiate scope of work and cost with vendors and oversee projects to completion. Manage vendor relationships
- Salesforce CRM Implementation and Administration – Lead the implementation of Salesforce CRM, acting as project lead, project manager and ongoing platform administrator.
- Migrated Microsoft Exchange to Microsoft Hosted Exchange, Office 365 E3 & Microsoft SharePoint
- System Administrator & Support for a DC, MS Exchange, Network, Workstations, Firewall, Switches, Content filter, Web Server, Sage 100, Printers, Barcode printers and WordPress Websites
- Migrated premise telecommunication system to hosted VOIP
- Administrate WordPress & HTML Websites, Search Engine Optimization and Digital Marketing efforts
- Point of use barcode printing with Zebra Designer & Bartender software at production equipment and shipping/receiving scales
Manufacturing Productivity Manager
Report to CEO, manage all aspects of factory floor technology, while assessing production needs to safely increase factory output through technology upgrades and new production equipment. Manage large scale capital investments and facility expansions. Evaluate facility expenses for cost savings and implemented those opportunities with a clear ROI.
- Specified, trialed and purchased a $250,000 Parkinson Technologies Slitting machine that resulted in an increase in automation, safety, precision and a 20% increase in production output.
- Developed, programed and implemented a proprietary spooling method to circumvent a competitive patent
- Converted 12 spooling lines from mechanical designs to a closed loop servo/plc based, recipe system
- Designed a quick-change tooling system that reduced machine setup time from 30 minutes to 30 seconds
Personal Business – Owner
Develop and operate multi-stream revenue generating websites based on focused research of consumer spending in niche outdoor sporting goods and consumer electronic markets. Capitalize on marketing, advertising and consulting opportunities within my areas of expertise. Freelance consultant for small business and startups seeking an internet presence, strong SERP placement and lead generation. Generate over $1,000,000 sales yearly for my largest client
- Seek advertising opportunities with product manufacturers and vendors
- Create and maintain contracts with advertisers
- Utilize cutting edge tools (SEMRUSH, Google Analytics, Monster, Insights etc.) to analyze markets, long tail keywords, competitors and client competitors for revenue and sales opportunities.
- Develop and host static websites, WordPress sites and online communities with subject matter and writing style designed specifically for proper SEO and SEM. This includes SEO for content, images and proper Schema markup
- Write articles and reviews to promote products.
- Work closely with management for technical and financial software/hardware needs and assist in providing solutions to these needs
- Institute protocols for the use of IT across departments and projects
- Act as liaison between end users and higher-level 3rd party support
- Maintain licenses and upgrade schedules
- Collaborate with other professionals to maintain standards and functionality
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Perform maintenance activities (e.g. backups, data restoration & recovery, monitor system and network performance)
- Inventor & Designer
- Industrial automation including servo systems ac/dc motors & drives, motion controllers & programmable logic controllers (PLC) Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), sensors and sensing
EDUCATION / TRAINING
Kaynor Technical School Electrical/Electrician Apprentice Program, Waterbury, Connecticut
Professional Development Courses, and Certifications
Director of IT – Salesforce Admin Trailhead Training (Path 1, ongoing), Numerous courses in Search Engine Marketing, Web Technologies & Platforms, Lynda.com & LinkedIn Learning IT courses.
Manufacturing Productivity Manager – Certificates in Electric Motors, Drives & Controls, AC&DC Theory, National Electric Code. Courses in Pneumatics, PLC’s (Panasonic, Siemens, Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc) Motion Control, DC Drives, AC Drives, Servo Systems and Sensors
Above is a non-woven synthetic veil being wound with an indexing program on my most recent spooling machine design.
This 120 pound per hour machine replaces a single take-up machine that produced 6 pounds per hour with dense papers such as Kraft. The machine incorporates quick change tooling that transforms what was once time consuming and wasteful setups to setups that are accomplished in seconds by pulling a lever and rotating the desired tooling in place. There’s a lot of complex electronics, pneumatics and programming going on under the hood.
This is the same machine running a very narrow paper strip in a “standard” non-indexing traverse.
The machine cost approximately $70,000. Competitive designs require individual take-up heads that are approximately $40,000 each. Translated it would cost $240,000 to purchase a machine with similar capacity.
Parkinson Genesis 700
The Parkinson Genesis 700 Slitter Rewinder was a $250,000 project to bring new capabilities, increase capacity, reduced lead time to the factory floor at the day job