Google, the dominating internet search giant who is a stickler for quality content, navigation and site structure does an absolutely horrendous job of keeping their own websites in order. Navigating through the Google maze can be frustrating to put it mildly. I’m done with that. This page is a result of the frustration of setting up Google Brand Accounts, creating YouTube Channels for the brand accounts and then finally converting the YouTube Channels to Youtube Brand Channels. Yeah exactly, I know what you’re thinking, this could have been solved with a few questions and check boxes like “Would you like a YouTube Brand Channel for your brand?”, Would you like to create a Google Drive Account for your brand?” and finally would you like to create a Google Plus Account for your brand?”. I hope you find this post helpful and feel free to comment with additional links!
- Use this link to access your Google Dashboard. Your Google Dashboard lists all of your Google Services. You might be surprised at the content on this page.
- Use this link to access your Google Account sign in, security, privacy and account preferences.
- Use this link for your Google “About Me” page. It is a hub for most of your personal Google Account Information.
Google Plus Account aka Google+
- Use this link to access your Google Plus landing page.
- Use this link for instructions on getting a Custom URL for your Google Plus Account.
Google Brand Account
- Use this link to access your Google Brand Account Home Page.
- Use this link to setup your Google Brand Account.
- Use this link to access “YouTube Advanced Settings“.
- Use this link to access the “YouTube Channel Switcher“. The channel switcher is where you switch to the channel you want to use YouTube as. It’s also a great place to create YouTube Channels your YouTube Brand Accounts.
- Use this link to create a “Custom URL” for your YouTube Channel. The custom URL is required if you want your YouTube address to be https://youtube.com/your-cool-name. You need at least 100 followers to be able to use this feature.
Google Search Console (Formerly Google Webmaster Tools)
- Use this link to access the “Google Search Console” formerly known as webmaster tools to setup your website and monitor it’s performance in the Google dominated internet. YOU MUST DO THIS FOR YOUR WEBSITE if you want to be properly indexed. Be sure to include all variations. Example: http://andrewschur.com, https://andrewschur.com, http://www.andrewschur.com, https://www.andrewschur.com. If your website never existed in a non SSL/HTTPS format you can omit the “http” versions and only add the “https” properties.
- If your website backlinks contain “Toxic” or spam links it can affect your SEO and it’s important to make sure google understands you want nothing to do with them. While it’s always best to ask the website hosting the links to remove them, in most cases the websites are for ill intent and in that case you need to upload and maintain a properly formatted “Disavow Links” list. Use this link Google Search Console “Disavow Links” to access your properties and upload your disavow list. I use one list for all my sites.
- Use this link to setup a “Google Analytics Account“. YOU MUST SETUP A GOOGLE ANALYTICS ACCOUNT for your website.
- Use this link for the instructions on allowing “Google Analytics to Share Data with Google Search Console“